Founded in 1953, St. Catherine Laboure has been staffed by the Vincentians since its beginning. When Archbishop (later Cardinal) Ritter wanted to start a new parish in this area of South County while the Vincentians’ province in South City no longer had any room for novices, so the Vincentians agreed to take over a suburban parish to help accommodate their numbers. Though staffing a wealthy suburban parish would not be a Vincentian charism, we have fostered a supportive relationship with the urban St. Vincent de Paul parish in St. Louis City. The parish has the 5th largest K-8 school in the archdiocese with 461 students. This is parish of 2150 households. The parish church was built in 1976 and seats 700.